Amazon has launched its official WordPress plugin called Amazon Associates Link Builder that lets you create Amazon affiliate links and add products to your posts without having to leave your WordPress dashboard.
The plugin is helpful for bloggers who want to add affiliate products quickly without having to visit Amazon site and copy paste the product images.
There are few free as well as paid plugins like Amalinks Pro are already available, but for people on a budget, it is better to use the official free plugin.
Features of the Amazon Link Builder Plugin
- Amazon’s product catalog search built directly into the WordPress editor.
- Product link posting via shortcode
Four, pre-built ad templates including multi-product options.
- Responsive ads sizes as well as fixed, custom sizes.
- Custom ads template options.
- Ad performance tracking
How To Install Amazon Link Builder Plugin
Since it’s just like any other WordPress plugin, the steps required to install it on your WordPress site remains the same.
1. Log in to your dashboard and go to Plugins > Add New
2. Search for ‘Amazon Link Builder’ which would show the relevant results.
3. Install and activate the plugin.
How To Setup Amazon Link Builder Plugin
Before you can add products using the plugin, you have to do a basic setup like adding your Amazon account and API.
1. After installation of the plugin, Go to Associate Link Builder > Settings.
2. Enter your Access Key ID, Secret Access Key, Associate ID.
3. Choose the Default Associate ID, Marketplace, and Template design.
4. Tick the agree to T&C and save the changes.
5. Now you’re ready to add products to your posts.
How to Add Amazon Products Using Amazon Link Builder Plugin
1. While you’re in your WordPress post editor, you’ll see Amazon logo with a search bar next to it.
2. Enter the keyword of product you want to search.
3. Choose the product, associate ID, marketplace, and template you would like to add.
4. Click on ‘Insert shortcode, to insert the product into your article. You can use the same shortcode to add same product to multiple posts or positions.
Since the plugin is still in its Beta phase, there may be certain bugs and glitches. One such known problem is images not getting displayed on sites using HTTPS.
Below is the official Amazon statement about this issue.
Currently, images are failing to display on sites using HTTPS. We are aware of the problem and expect a fix to be live before Christmas. The fix will be automatic and will not require additional actions by affiliates.
What do you think of Amazon Link Builder Plugin? Is it any good or you’re satisfied with the current method of adding affiliate links and products?
Share your suggestions in the comments section below. And do socialize this post with your friends and followers.
Latest posts by Shafi Khan (see all)
- How To Start A Quiz Site That Makes Money (2019 Updated) - June 9, 2019
- 21 Best Google Fonts for A Modern Blog and Website - May 19, 2019
- Twelve Dollar Blog: How to Start A Blog for Just $12 (Bonus Inside) - May 15, 2019